Monday, November 14, 2011

Foster care

So we are 5 months away from beginning our journey to foster care. If there is one major lesson we learned from Elli; its that Children deserve a good place to live when the circumstances aren't in their favor. We are so blessed to have had her in our lives if only for a short time. I know that everyone around us who got to meet her, felt a spirit. I know that Elli was sent to us to teach us love, patience, forgiveness, strength, and above all- the gospel. without Elli we would not have let our heavenly father in.

2 comments:

  1. I was referred to your blog from Laura Parker, and I just want you to know that, as a fellow foster mom, I am here if you need any advice. I am so sorry for the heartache you have been through already, and you are likely to face again through the crazy world of foster care. But know that true miracles can and do happen, and I will be hoping one happens for you! www.shellyandmikey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts. We are excited and scared to get involved in foster care. However know what can come of it, so it's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete